Last updated: July 14, 2021
when You use the Service and tells You about Your privacy rights and how the law protects You.
We use Your Personal data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, You agree to the collection and
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The
following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or
“Our” in this Agreement) refers to Wisconsin Commercial Ports Association, 2323 S. Lincoln
Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI 83207.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device
by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Wisconsin, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the
Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the
Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to
assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the
Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Wisconsin Commercial Ports Association , accessible from WisconsinPorts.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal
entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be
used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type,
browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those
pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically,
including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of
Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device
identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service
by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Tracking technologies used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and
analyze Our Service. The technologies We use may include:
- Cookies or Browser Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on Your Device. You can instruct
Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept
Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service. Unless you have adjusted Your browser setting so
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies)
to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not
managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can
delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared
objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files
known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the
Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related
website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal
computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web
browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable
You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user
accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use
these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering
your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more
personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy or
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal
Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You
as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the
purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us
through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of
electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative
communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security
updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services
and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless
You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger,
divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our
assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which
Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis,
identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and
improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to
monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with,
or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of
Our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in which case we will
subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that We control or that are under common control with
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You
certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas
with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy
Policy. We will retain and use Your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for
example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our
legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a
shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of
Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places
where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and
maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where
the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance
unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Data may be transferred. We will
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law
or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet,
or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your
Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable
information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has
provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from
anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from
a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a third party link, You
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third
party sites or services.
Policy on this page.
We will let You know via email and/or a prominent notice on Our Service, prior to the change becoming effective and
effective when they are posted on this page.
- By email: mailto:email@example.com